Luminit Government Services, LLC (LGS) is looking for a talented, creative, and customer-focused Research Scientist to join our team in developing cutting-edge optical and sensor systems using Augmented Reality, Machine Learning, and similar technologies for avionics and advanced manufacturing applications.
• Write technologically ambitious proposals that seek to advance the field,
• Transform concepts into functional prototypes by partnering directly with our customers and leveraging the expertise of your colleagues, and
• Share technology breakthroughs with the scientific community via publications and conferences.
What you’ll do:
• Select topics from federal agency solicitations (DOE, DoD, NASA, etc.) and write successful SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) proposals
• Conduct fundamental and applied research and apply established and emerging techniques to deliver solutions to our customers’ most challenging needs
• Help develop products that span a range of technical areas including augmented reality, machine learning, image processing, 3D computer vision, and similar technologies
• Apply experience in using programming, modeling, and simulation tools
• Work directly with the customer or end-user to ensure the requirements/specifications are understood and addressed
• Assist with the supervision of novel research projects/programs and provide technical leadership within the organization
What you’ll bring:
• PhD (preferred)/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related field, with a background in Augmented Reality and/or Machine Learning
• Experience in writing successful technical proposals a strong plus.
• Ability to develop new device and system designs, and algorithms in electronics, analog, and/or digital image and/or signal processing.
What you could expect:
• Collaboration with industry-leading scientists and engineers in a successful, high-performance atmosphere
• A fast-paced but flexible culture, where risk-taking and innovation are rewarded
• Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors
• A unique working and living experience in the Southern California lifestyle
• A competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
We are a fast-growing Southern California technology innovator that solves tough, mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military, avionics, and commercial markets. We design, develop, and manufacture novel technologies such as Light Shaping Diffusers, Holographic Elements, optical and laser based sensors for aerospace, automotive, and energy systems, etc.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). LGS is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Our applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
Please submit your Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org